Friday, August 10, 2012

Who are the mysterious non-liberal Obama supporters?

» Do I live in the same country as these mysterious non-liberal Obama supporters? - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Certainly we cannot be overconfident just based on our gut feelings.  But I get the same feeling as Rahe when I hear polls about how popular Obama still is.
I wonder, who are these people?
Sure, I know the liberals, but only one-fifth of the population self-identifies as liberal.  Really, after 3 1/2 years of Obama, who are all the non self-identifying liberals who are going to return Obama to office?
Sure, there are many people dependent on government largess and some otherwise conservative people who will vote for Obama for racial and/or ethic reasons, but can combining liberals with non-liberal government dependents and racial/ethnic voters really get Obama over the top?
Do I live in the same country as these mysterious non-liberal Obama supporters?